Energy series – Access Consciousness Bars®
Only two more topics to go on our energy series and t
What is it?
“The Bars® are 32 unique points on the head that correlate to different areas and aspects of life. During an Access Bars session, a practitioner gently touches these points to release the electromagnetic charge of all thoughts, ideas, attitudes, decisions, and beliefs that may have limited you in the concerned life areas.”Excerpt from Access Consciousness Bars® official site
So what happens is that the person receiving the bars will lie down, and the other person will touch their head. There is no rubbing or scratching: once the practitioner touches a point, he will hold it until the energy slows down.
The process can take up to an hour and a half.
It is also important to say that the Bars® is just one of the many Access Consciousness tools.
There are mantras, affirmations, declarations, statements, etc. In other words, you have a bunch of exercises to help you reclaim your inner power and increase your ability to value your own self and be able to receive.
Two of my favorite:
- “All of life comes to me with ease, joy and glory” ® is their mantra. I find it really consistent with what we already talked about asking god the right thing.
- Asking “How Does It Get Any Better Than This?” whenever something good happens. It is like you challenge the universe to top that. That is cool because you keep yourself in a state of receivership.
I also can’t do a post about Access Consciousness without mentioning their clearing statement: “Right and Wrong, Good and Bad, POD and POC, All 9, Shorts, Boys and Beyonds”. I feel it’s fun to say this weird phrase whenever I want to “take over” again my wonderous mind, but you can see their explanation clicking here and watching the movie.
Well, everything sounds great, but I have to confess that this energy healing treatment is perhaps the most controversial from all of them. I’ve been trying to figure out why and these are possible reasons:
- Its attempts to prove the efficiency scientifically that have been done so far (research from Dr. Lisa Cooney and Dr. Jeffrey Fannin) are questioned regarding credibility, statical relevance, etc.
- It promises a lot: it is not uncommon to see advertisements from the therapists promising that this will change your life – from money to health, love, relationship. In other words, something really simple that will tackle everything.
- It does not recognize any connection, resemblance, or influence from any previous knowledge or technique. There were no bars on planet earth before Gary channeled it.
- Most objective questions are answered with philosophical constructions that never really explain it objectively.
I wish I could say that I know how to address all these concerns, but the reality is that I don’t. But here is what I can add to the melting pot:
About (1): As it is for all new things, this might be they didn’t prove “yet,” or they will never prove it. I’m not even sure what they want to prove. Having a benefit of relaxation in this really stressed world already seems a lot to me. The people to whom I have applied the bars do feel their body temperature go down. They feel cold, I think this is just an effect of the relaxation.
Speaking of that, let me add that relaxation is something we can promise (2). It is wonderful to receive the bars, really unwinds the mind. And yes… promising a lot of breaking through changes doesn’t seem legit. Different people get very different results.
(3) I get that people channel things. I truly believe that. But I’m more inclined to understand it as a process. I don’t think anybody “channel” something without being ready. And being prepared includes some previous research. It doesn’t have to be an extensive, exhausting, finishing with 21 days of fasting (Like Master Usui from Reiki) kind of research. But you are just as big as your smallest skill… so usually people are at least in search of something.
I actually can see some resemblances with techniques like Scalp/Head Acupuncture or Reflexology, but sometimes it does remind of Phrenology and some other stuff (that can be as random as Indian head massage and the head pressure points for knock out).
So I guess that (3) kind of bothers me too… I mean even if YOU as an individual is not aware of the path, I strongly believe in energetic footprints of this knowledge. So I find it weird that we can’t relate the bars with anything else.
Finally, regarding (4)… I don’t know. Maybe because it was just “channeled.” Perhaps the intention is to left an open the door to whatever meaning you want to attribute to things. Maybe is bullshit. The thing is that more and more I’m convinced that things really are what we think of them. So whatever you choose will be probably accurate.
Enough of the bad part. Lol. I just wanted to make sure that you know that I am aware of some issues, but I choose to do it either way. Why is that?
First of all, the experience is great. I sleep in deep, deep relaxation every time I receive, and I’m glad to report that this usually also happens when I apply the Bars®. As I told before, relaxation seems a pretty good outcome.
The second thing is, as it is for all techniques that I presented here in the blog: I believe in intention. Any method that helps to direct my attention and my energy lovingly towards someone is more good than bad.
As for the big changes in your life… well, this part, I suggest you just take a chance and open yourself to life. You might find the Bars® a helpful tool to accomplish that, but reinventing yourself takes a lot more.
But please share with us: if you could choose one result to achieve with any of these techniques… what would that be?
I’ve taken my classes with the lovely girls from Lighten LA. So if you want to know more or maybe take the class to see for yourself how you feel, get in touch with them!